DPS Group are seeking to recruit a Compliance Technician.
At DPS Group, we pride ourselves on developing our staff. It's a great time to join us, as we continue to grow while working with some of the world's best known brands to deliver integrated solutions on often highly complicated projects.
We are looking to recruit for the following role:
You should have the practical electrical skills and academic qualifications with adequate technical knowledge so as to work on your own proficiently and carry out electrical installation and testing work without immediate supervision. Be able to carry out electrical installations/inspections on components on electrical equipment in ATEX/UKEX regulated environments (Petro-chemical, Pharmaceutical, Distilleries etc). Report on inspections and recommend any remedial work required. Complete repairs to the electrical components in the system, replace components such as glands, cabling or other electrical equipment in a safe manner.
- Update Project Engineer/Site Supervisor daily/weekly as the project requires with specific detail of tasks, delays, completion date.
- Read technical drawings and follow to installation completion.
- Liaise with DPS Group core personnel and sub-contractors
- Complete and work within site-work documentation packs (Risk assessment, method statement, SSoW, client-based documentation, drawings, P&ID's, test certification)
- Work within and maintain DPS Group Processes and Procedures
- Attend Team meetings in a timely and professional manner if required
- Attend Toolbox Talks in a timely and professional manner
- Complete installations, inspections in various environments/industries to a high standard and within current legislation.
- Diagnose and repair electrical faults in an industrial environment.
- Conduct routine maintenance and testing in an industrial environment on electrical systems, and ensure installations are to manufacturer standards.
- Rewire faulty electrical systems
- Ensure good quality workmanship which upholds company standards, complies with building codes, and follows safety requirements
- Work alone to find and present faults and concerns in electrical systems without receiving explicit direction
- Provide exceptional customer service and answer any customer questions in a professional manner.
- Install electrical systems to 18th edition wiring regulations
- Use of DPS terrington software to carry out Hazardous Area Inspections.
- Must have completed an Modern Apprenticeship in an Industrial environment.
- Must have obtained an NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation work (or approved equivalent)
- Must have completed and obtained a pass in Ex01-04
- (Further development and training to complete Ex05-06 Dust would be preferred)
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Highly motivated, energetic
- Effective time management within a multi-tasking environment, Good time management and planning and organisational skills
- Strive to deliver innovation and best practice
- The ability to work effectively within a growing, changing workplace
- Consistently sound judgement and decision making
- Enjoys a challenge, promotes a can-do attitude, able to solve problems that arise
- Drive to increase the capability to deliver and improve business results
- Strive to provide a superior customer service
- Use expertise and knowledge to make a strong contribution to bids and projects
- Strive to exceed expectations
- Able to work as a team and independently
- Has a desire to expand knowledge horizons
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to engage with all stakeholders
- Good computer skills, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Continually looking at improvements in processes
- Excellent attention to detail
Salary: £33719.90-£38370.02 per year
- Company car
- Company events
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Wellness programmes
- Monday to Friday
About DPS Group
DPS Group is one of the UK's leading integrated Electrical, Instrumentation & Control providers. We are trusted to deliver integrated solutions on often highly complicated projects, by some of the world's best-known brands, across a range of sectors. We are dedicated to providing the highest standards of safety, quality, environmental compliance and customer service whilst achieving innovative solutions.
Our mission statement is DPS Group are, “trusted to deliver one integrated solution”.
DPS Group is formed of two key divisions: Systems and Services. Our integrated approach means we have the skills to complete EC&I turnkey projects in-house. We approach each project with a fresh outlook and use our knowledge and partnerships to stay a step ahead, utilising the latest technology while offering the most advanced and cost-effective solutions.
At DPS Group we understand our continued success is down to our dedicated team, therefore we invest time and effort in each individual; training and assisting with their personal and professional development, helping them build a long-term career within the business.
We believe in developing our staff, as the company looks within for the managers of the future.
What to do next
If you are interested in this role, please email your CV to email@example.com providing us with a note of the role you would like to apply for. Please include full contact details.