Control System Engineer
DPS Group is seeking to recruit a Control System Engineer
We are looking to recruit for the following position:
- Control Systems Engineer
The Control Systems Engineer will have responsibility for the delivery of all Control Systems projects allocated to them. They will work closely with the Project Engineer/Manager, colleagues and management to ensure that the solution provided is delivered on time, is of minimum cost whilst being technically acceptable and in accordance with the client specifications and the Companies offer.
Would you like to work for a successful engineering company that specialises in the design, manufacture and support of Automation and Process control systems, providing bespoke solutions and turnkey projects to a range of sectors?
Working within this busy team, you will be responsible for delivering a varied portfolio of projects from initial design, commissioning, and ongoing customer support.
Working as a Control Systems Engineer you will:
- Full System Architecture Design of processing equipment and machinery, including working with Control Systems (PLC and SCADA) and Industrial Communications
- Control system documentation (FDS, SDS, FAT, SAT)
- Responsible for programming various automated systems
- Design of control system in compliance with the applicable project, quality and statutory requirements.
- Develop new software for customer-specific equipment.
- Configuration and programming of multiple PLC, HMI, SCADA and IIoT systems
- flexible on which platforms you have worked with.
- Participating in the Design of both Software and Hardware solutions for Systems Integration projects.
- Providing Technical Installation and Commissioning support.
To be successful for the Control Systems Engineer role, we're looking for:
- Degree level education BSc or BEng in Engineering/Science or alternate qualification equivalent in Electrical, Control Systems Engineering
- Have at least five years' experience in Controls Systems Engineering
- Experienced in Siemens and/or Rockwell Automation and/or Schneider Electric latest Automation and Process Control Systems
- Advantage if experience with all aspects of automation and process control systems including drives, servo and AC drive/motors.
- Advantage if experienced with DCS systems including PCS7 and PlantPAx
- Advantage if experience with simulation tools such as SIMIT
- Adaptable and flexible approach.
- Able to use own initiative and work to tight deadlines.
- Someone who has carried out the completion of full turnkey projects from design through to programming and commissioning.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be experienced with client-facing.
Competitive salary and benefits
About DPS Group
DPS Group is one of the UK's leading integrated Electrical, Instrumentation & Control providers. We are trusted to deliver integrated solutions on often highly complicated projects, by some of the world's best-known brands, across a range of sectors. We are dedicated to providing the highest standards of safety, quality, environmental compliance and customer service whilst achieving innovative solutions.
Our mission statement is DPS Group are, “trusted to deliver one integrated solution”.
DPS Group is formed of two key divisions: Systems and Services. Our integrated approach means we have the skills to complete EC&I turnkey projects in-house. We approach each project with a fresh outlook and use our knowledge and partnerships to stay a step ahead, utilising the latest technology while offering the most advanced and cost-effective solutions.
At DPS Group we understand our continued success is down to our dedicated team, therefore we invest time and effort in each individual; training and assisting with their personal and professional development, helping them build a long-term career within the business.
We believe in developing our Engineers, as the company looks within for the managers of the future.
What to do next
If you are interested in this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org providing us with a note of the role you would like to apply for. Please include full contact details.